Who We Are
United Natural Gas (UNG) is a natural gas distribution company based out of Winthrop, MN. We are committed to providing natural gas to communities where it was not previously available. We're small, local, and we care about the people we serve.
Why Heat with Natural Gas?
Efficient, Economical, and Reliable
Pay only for the gas you use. BY switching to natural gas you could save 20-30% on your heating costs. Natural gas is piped underground, abundant, and domestically produced.
- Safe - Cleanest burning fossil fuel
- Affordable and professional installation
- Pay only for the gas you use
- Eye pleasing - no bulky tanks
How Do I Make the Switch?
Making the switch to natural gas is easy; simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Give us a call - A customer specialist is available to give you important information about switching to natural gas. Call us toll-free at 888-832-5734
- Make an appointment - We will schedule an appointment for you to meet with our salesman. He will design your service and give you a quote on the cost of installation. Pre-payment is required so please bring your checkbook to the appointment.
- Contact a plumbing and heating contractor - You will want to get a quote(s) on the cost to either convert or buy new appliances.
- Locate private utilities - Be ready to point out any private utilities such as invisible dog fences or sprinkler systems. If you need assistance please refer to www.gopherstateonecall.org for a list of locating companies.
- Contact your current fuel supplier - If you are currently heating with propane and you have decided to switch to natural gas be sure to contact your supplier and ask them about their pump out and removal process or ask your UNG representative about options.
- Watch for the crews - Once you have signed up for the service you will be put on the schedule of installation.
Contact Us at:
United Natural Gas
705 East 4th Street
PO Box 461
Winthrop, MN 55396
507-647-6602 or Toll Free at 888-832-5734